Last revised: 18 March, 2022
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your personal address;
- date of birth, age, gender;
- IP address;
- responses to registration questions;
- your personal phone number;
- your personal e-mail address;
- medical information, including but not limited to, your medical symptoms and conditions, your health screenings, your exercise habits and other health habits, and your family history of chronic illness; and
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us or in the order notes at checkout on our Site).
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with our Services. We also collect, use and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. We collect your personal information for the following purposes and in accordance with applicable laws:
- to provide you with our Services;
- to establish and maintain commercial relations with you;
- to identify and contact you when you request our Services;
- to respond to your questions that you send by email or through our Site;
- to contact you about the products you purchased, including notifying you about updates or to send you any products you have purchased from us;
- to notify you about other services and products provided by Cocoon, which may be of interest to you;
- to grant you access to special features or areas of the Site where we provide information to help you achieve your skin health goals, including support emails to encourage positive lifestyle changes;
- to provide you with newsletters and articles;
- to customise the appearance of the Site and Services displayed to you;
- to obtain your feedback regarding our products and services, including our surveys;
- to track behavioural information on the Site to serve similar content upon future visits;
- to improve the Site and help us develop new services, tools and Site features;
- to support our business functions such as internal business processes, marketing and advertising; and
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- use our Site and our Services;
- purchase a product on our Site;
- register, update or create an account on our Site;
- sign into your account;
- send us a question or comment by email or phone;
- post comments, messages, reviews or other content on our Site, including but not limited to, on our, product listings, "Contact Us" page or other features of the Site that permit you to provide your own comments, messages and content;
- register to receive newsletters, articles and updates about our products and services; and
- otherwise participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
4. LIMITING COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- when necessary to protect our safety, property or other rights, our representatives, customers and users of the Site, including to detect and prevent fraud;
- with your consent; or
- when otherwise required or permitted by law.
6. DATA PROCESSORS IN OTHER COUNTRY
As discussed above, we may engage Third Parties to perform certain services on our behalf and to otherwise provide the Services. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, such as the United States of America. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
8. PROVIDING PAYMENT INFORMATION ON OUR SITE
We do not collect any payment information from you. We use commercially reasonable efforts to select an appropriate company to maintain the confidentiality and security of your payment information. When you pay for our Services on our Site, you will be directed to a third party provider website (i.e., Shopify pay, Pay Pal, or Stripe) to process your payment, which will collect payment information directly from you, such as your credit card numbers and expiration dates, and any other personal information necessary to process your payment. You will receive emails regarding the processing of your online payment. Your use of these payment methods is governed by the agreement between you them.
9. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
As you interact with this Site, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of this Site and collects certain other information about you and your surfing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on this Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer so that your computer will “remember” information when you visit a site. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Site. Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on this Site to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize this Site and improve your experience at our Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits; and (iv) other sites a user visited before visiting our Site.
We may also employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to collect information about your use of, and activities on, our Site for our use but also for use by third parties that serve advertisements about Cocoon on other sites you may visit.For instance, we may use third party service providers, such as Google AdSense or AdWords, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising service providers may collect information about your visits to our Site, and your interactions with our products and services. In addition to the information about your visits to our Site, such advertising service providers may also use the information about your visits to other sites to target advertisements for products and services available from Cocoon.
You can set your Internet browser up so that you are notified when cookies are stored, you can decide in each individual case whether you want to accept cookies, or you can refuse to accept any cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be restricted in how you are able to use our Site. You can delete cookies which are already stored on your hard disk at any time. You will find more details on how to do this in the operating guide for your Internet browser program.
10. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies" to analyze how you use our Site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site (including your IP address) is sent to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our Site, compile reports on Site activity for our Site operators and to provide other site activity related internet services. Additionally, Google may transfer this information to a third party when required by law or in the case of a third-party processing information on Google's behalf. In no case will Google use your IP address in connection with any other information held by Google. You can set your internet browser to prohibit the installation of cookies, although we must point out that some features and functions of our Site will then be unusable. By using our Site, you consent to the processing of data about you collected by Google in the manner described and for the above mentioned purpose. The consent for collection and storage of data can be withdrawn at any time in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Given the debate concerning the use of analytical tools using full IP addresses, we wish to point out that our Site uses the "Anonymize IP" function of Google Analytics which works with a shortened form of IP addresses to avoid direct personal identification. Furthermore, we use the cookies to carry out frequency assessments, page usage assessments and marketing assessments. For the aforementioned assessments, we utilize this cookie information without a link to your personal information, so it is completely anonymous.
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information that you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account on our Site, however, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any other account information. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information and that unauthorized persons do not gain access to personal information that we have disposed of or destroyed.
12. INDIVIDUAL ACCESS AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to your personal information which we may hold by contacting us at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information we hold about you. There is no cost for such access request unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. You may request to update and change your personal information at the contact information set forth below. We shall endeavor to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, the amended information shall be transmitted to third parties having access to such information.
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child has already provided us with personal information, their parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
14. E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
We comply with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) and we will not send you electronic communications in contravention of this law. We will ensure that our e-mails include instructions on how to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive future e-mails from us. Specifically, you can unsubscribe using the link included in the e-mail. We will only communicate with you for the limited purposes and time periods permitted under CASL.
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete it from our files;
- if your child under 13 has used this Site and sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you; or
Please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to get back to you promptly.